Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Baby's Growing Up

Tonight Maddy actually took a step on her own! She did it several times, each time it was only one step. I'm so proud and excited! =) On one hand I'm excited about it, but then on the other hand it makes me sad a little bit. She literally has grown up without me realizing it! These past almost 11 months have flown by in the blink of an eye. I know a lot has to do with the fact that she's the "second" child (technically she's the 3rd child, but with twins the first time around, it seems more like she's the second child...crazy huh?) and I have more kids and other things to distract me from totally focusing on one child. I remember with Sam and Cora, their first year seemed to take an agonizingly long time! And I was counting the days down (especially the first 4 months!!). But with Maddy, I literally was like, "WHAT???...What happened?" Well, my little Maddy-bear is growing up, and I better start paying more attention b/c before I know it, all my little cuties will be fully grown and leaving the nest!!

2 comments:

jacksonem1 said...

This crap is way too maudlin for me, but then I never was the overly sentimental type. (I laughed in Legends of the Fall, remember?) Stop holding back, Janete. Give me the skinny on toy fights!

(Your BF from UVA.)

Twinmommy said...

Give us an update! Is Maddy running now?