Friday, July 25, 2008

Proud of Myself =)

I'm so proud of myself!!! I actually cooked dinner two nights in a row!! I can't believe it LOL. PLUS...today was a day that Maddy ate almost ALL table food. I must admit that I'm a little bit lazy, in the cooking arena...hmmm and cleaning arena...okay...and laundry too (but that's besides the point!), so me saying I cooked 2 nights in a row is a big feat! tonight I made Salisbury steak, mashed potatos, and steam baby carrots. Maddy seemed to really like it. I ended up NOT giving her the mashed potatos b/c I didn't think she would like it, since it wasn't a big hit with her the first time. So I left the small container on the table after dinner. We were all sitting in the living room and I was actually cross-stiching :) and it was a little bit too quiet!! I looked over to see what maddy was getting into and this is what I saw....

If you are reading this, you've just GOT to click on the first picture and see the FULL extent of the mess she got on herself (sarah, I admit, it was no where near the "cake" episode that your girls had hahahha praise God for that). She had grabbed the small container of mashed potato and smeared it all over herself, the floor, and I think she actually ate some too. I ran over to her and yelled to Jeff "come help me!" then of course I went and got my camera!! Needless to say, she had to go straight up for a bath after the photo shoot!

Oh, another exciting thing that happened tonight was that Maddy started standing on her own!! She was standing and holding a toy with one hand and the other hand was holding the Leap Frog Learning table, and she all of a sudden let go of the table so she could play with the toy with both hands!! It was a shock LOL since she hadn't really been trying to stand on her own before this. She's been cruising for almost 3 months now, since she was 8 months old, but she's never tried letting go and standing before. I was so excited!



I guess she'll be walking really soon! She'll be 11 months in 5 days, so, she seems to be on the same developmental timeline as cora, and sam for the most part (except sam didn't learn to sit up or crawl for a long time after cora).

Well, it's another Friday, and another weekend :) Hopefully it'll be a peaceful one!!

1 comment:

Twinmommy said...

WOOOHOOOO! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see Maddy walking- she is such a delight!
www.selftraining.wordpress.com