Sunday, September 7, 2008

Maddy's One Yr. Photo Shoot

I should have done this earlier, but I kept forgetting about it. Last Saturday (Aug 30th) was Maddy's actual birthday (we had her party a week early), so I scheduled for 1st yr pictures for that morning. This was the first time that we tried out Kiddie Kandid, in a Babies R Us store. The pictures turned out okay, but I wasn't impressed with the photographer...which has been our problem for the past couple of yrs. It seems like there are only these very young women with hardly any experience in taking pictures of little children (we've been to JC Penny's, Picture People, and now Kiddie Kandid) where it's agonizing to watch them try to get the kids to smile!! I was so frustrated with the photographer! I had to do all the work and was running around while sweat was literally dripping off my face (and I HATE to sweat LOL). Maddy didn't smile once the whole time and refused to stand up! Don't even get me started with Sam and Cora!!! That was horrible!! Sam kept crying b/c we would tell him to leave his pants alone, or to stop sucking on his lip, etc! and Cora kept doing these CRAZY poses with crazy facial expressions! I just never want to take professional photos again!! Maybe next time I'll check around for actual professional photographers (not one from a store). But anyways...here are the pictures from the shoot.













That evening Jeff and I took Sam and Cora to Medieval Times Theatre! We left Maddy with my aunt to babysit...isn't that terrible of us to just ditch Maddy on her birthday?? I didn't bring my camera, b/c I though that in a place with real horses that it wouldn't be allowed to take flash photography...but when we got there, there were TONS of ppl taking pictures during the show...so next time I'm defiately taking my camera! It was so much fun to see Sam and Cora's faces during the show :) We took them once before, I was pregnant with Maddy at the time and the kids were barely two yrs old then. Cora didn't appreciate it too much, but Sammy's eyes were GLUED to the horses the whole time, with his mouth hanging open! But Cora really enjoyed herself this time! She taked about the horses a lot, especially b/c now her "favorite" thing is her My Little Pony horse! It's so funny b/c Jeff had asked her once what kind of pony she was, and asked her if it was a Pinto...and ever since then Cora has been calling her pony Pinto!! It's too funny!!

Well, tomorrow is another Monday, and another week! Sam and Cora have been sick this weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that they are well enough by Tuesday, so they can go to school!!! PLEEEEAAASE let them be well!! LOL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

J-I don't think the pictures are that bad. I found the best chain photo place to date, based on my experience, to be Portrait Innovations. Don't know if you have any by you.
That renessaince place sounds awesome. I woudl love to take my kids to a place like that. Ethan already thinks he is a horse. lol